Sign in / register

Addinston

You may copy, display, store and make derivative works for personal use or use solely within an educational institution by staff and students, under these conditions: the ScotlandsPlaces website is attributed, there is no commercial use or sale, and no public distribution (for example, by hand, email, or web). Full licence details.

Record Detail

  • Organisation
    RCAHMS
  • Alternative name(s)
    N/A
  • Canmore ID
    56035
  • Site type
    AXEHEAD (STONE)
  • Parish
    LAUDER
  • Council
    BERWICKSHIRE
  • NGR
    NT 519 523
  • Latitude, longitude
    55.761647N, 2.768074W
  • Archeological notes
    NT55SW 19 519 523. A stone axe, found in Farm Park, Addinston in 1878 by M Cockburn, is in the possession of W Dickinson, Longcroft, Lauder. Though Thomson states that this axe is in the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland [NMAS], no record of it can be found there, and it would appear that the articles formerly in Mr Dickinson's possesion are now owned by Mrs A R McDougal, Blythe Farm, Lauder (cf NT55SW 17 and 18). G Gunn 1897; A Thomson 1902 Local inhabitants indicated that the field centered at NT 5190 5230 as being Farm Park. No further information. Visited by OS (RDL) 8 November 1963
  • Architectural notes
    N/A

1st edition 6-inch maps

TitleDateOther parishes/counties
 Ordnance Survey six-inch to the mile, Berwickshire, Sheet XIII1853-57

1st edition 25-inch maps

TitleDateOther parishes/counties
 Ordnance Survey 25 inch to the mile Berwick, Sheet 013.121853
 Ordnance Survey 25 inch to the mile Berwick, Sheet 013.121853