You may copy, display, store and make derivative works for personal use or use solely within an educational institution by staff and students, under these conditions: the ScotlandsPlaces website is attributed, there is no commercial use or sale, and no public distribution (for example, by hand, email, or web). Full licence details.
- Alternative name(s)
- Canmore ID
- Site type
NT 2651 2307
- Latitude, longitude
- Archaeological notes
NT22SE 4 2651 2307 to 2593 2262. NT 261 228 There are cultivation terraces on the SE shore of St Mary's Loch, immediately E. of the enclosed lands of Bowerhope. RCAHMS 1957, visited 1950 NT 2651 2307 - NT 2593 2262. There are the scant remains of five or six lynchets on the north-west-facing slopes of Peat Law, between the 900 ft and 1000 ft contours and stretching from the Brocklie Sike to the enclosed lands of Bowerhope. Their scarps vary in height from c. 0.5 m. to c. 1.0 m., and in places the lynchets are overlaid by old field banks. Visited by OS (WDJ) 25 June 1962 Area now afforested - see 1:50000 map.
- Architectural notes
1st edition 6-inch maps
|Ordnance Survey six-inch to the mile, Peebles-shire, Sheet XXV||1856|
|Ordnance Survey six-inch to the mile, Selkirkshire, Sheet XIII||1858|